Orange on orange!
Let’s be honest–have we ever decided to cook something just because we wanted to clean our fridge? Me, me, me! I saw a bunch of carrots in my fridge so I decided to make carrot soup. Even though I’m not a big fan of the carrot’s sweet taste when it’s boiled, I thought it was tasty when paired with… Curry!
Taste and Flavor? Rich, sweet, slightly spicy from the curry, and a tint of bitterness from the shallots
Steps and ingredients!
- Blend 3 medium onions and 6-7 medium carrots (have the ratio of carrots : onions be 2 : 1) in a food processor or your personal smoothie blender
- Pour them into a hot pot and stir
- Low to medium heat
- Add 2 tablespoons of salt and pepper for taste
- Add 2 tablespoons of rosemary for smell
- Add 6 tablespoons of curry
- Cook for 30 minutes until the carrot bits are soft
- Optional: Chop up 3 shallots into thin slices and fry it until golden brown. Drop the fried shallots atop the soup.
Lemme know how you guys prepare carrot soup! :^)